ISO 22000 IS FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IS APPLICABLE IN ALL TYPE OF ORGANIZATIONS SERVING OR MANUFACTURING IN FOOD INDUSTRY. BY GETTING ISO 22000 CERTIFICATION ORGANIZATIONS SHOWS THAT HE HAS IMPLIMENTED FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM STANDARD IN THE ORGANIZATION. THIS IS BECOMING MORE AND MORE IMPORTANT AS CUSTOMERS DEMAND SAFE FOOD AND FOOD PROCESSORS REQUIRE THAT INGREDIENTS OBTAINED FROM THEIR SUPPLIERS TO BE SAFE.
- ISO 22000 standards contains the specific requirements to be addressed by the Food Safety Management System. The standard requires food safety management system processes including:
- Having an overall Food Safety Policy for your organization, developed by top management.
- Setting objectives that will drive your company’s efforts to comply with this policy.
- Planning and designing a management system and documenting the system.
- Maintaining records of the performance of the system.
- Establishing a group of qualified individuals to make up a Food Safety Team.
- Defining communication procedures to ensure effective communication with important contacts outside the company (regulatory, customers, suppliers and others) and for effective internal communication.
- Having an emergency plan.
- Holding management review meetings to evaluate the performance of the FSMS.
- Providing adequate resources for the effective operation of the FSMS including appropriately trained and qualified personnel, sufficient infrastructure and appropriate work environment to ensure food safety.
- Implementing Prerequisite Programs.
- Following HACCP principles.
- Establishing a traceability system for identification of product.
- Establishing a corrective action system and control of nonconforming product.
- Maintaining a documented procedure for handling withdrawal of product.
- Controlling monitoring and measuring devices.
- Establishing and maintaining and internal audit program.
- Continually updating and improving the FSMS.
- Read about these requirements in more detail at ISO 22000 Explained