Verified InCheck Guidelines | Participating in ZDHC Chemical Management
Issuing time:2023-10-30 13:38
Chemicals are crucial in multiple industries, but their impact on the environment and human health is undeniable. In the fashion industry, chemicals are used to achieve vibrant colors and desired functions, so responsible production is crucial.
In order to minimize the risks of chemicals to human health, improve worker safety, andlimit their impact on the environment, ZDHC has launched the InCheck solution.
The ZDHC InCheck solution is an important cornerstone in the implementation process of ZDHC's "Zero Emissions Roadmap Plan". To help suppliers achieve safer chemical management, the InCheck solution is divided into two parts: (A) Performance InCheck report and (B) Verified InCheck report.
The editor of this article focuses on explaining the Verified InCheck report and its verification process.
What is the Verified InCheck report
To convey a reliable and reliable input chemical management status that meets the ZDHC MRSL compliance level, suppliers can generate a Verified InCheck report. This requiresa third-party or third-party verification agency recognized by ZDHC to conduct on-site inspections of suppliers to verify their chemical inventory.
Purpose of the Verified InCheck report:
Create a reliable and validated InCheck report for the supplier's chemical inventory based on the ZDHC MRSL compliance level of chemicals in the ZDHC Gateway.
Enhance transparency and credibility towards external stakeholders.
This verified inventory is uploaded by the verification agency to the ZDHC Gateway. Therefore, suppliers can communicate transparent and reliable input chemical inventory management in accordance with ZDHC MRSL through Verified InCheck reports.
Verified InCheck - Verification Process
Verified InCheck - Verification Scope
1. This is a verification of the supplier inventory details uploaded to the Performance InCheck report to establish credibility.
2. This is done through random 'spot checks'.
3. This is a simple 'pass/fail' verification based on the total score of the verification site.
4. After successful verification, the supplier continues to generate Performance InCheck reports as usual.
The tags for the Performance InCheck report are shown in the following figure.
Verified InCheck - Verification process
Pre validation preparation
1. The supplier and ASCP Services jointly determine the validation date.
2. Download the Performance InCheck report from the gateway.
3. Gateway's list of chemicals (PDF and Excel files).
4. The supplier shall provide a factory floor plan with markings for the chemical warehouse.
5. Prepare chemical related documents for on-site verification (such as SDS, purchase orders, contracts signed with chemical suppliers,factory CIL records, production formula tables, etc.).
The on-site verification process is based on the quantity of factory chemical inventory in the uploaded Performance InCheck report, which is used in all three consecutive reports.
Type 1 process: used when the chemical inventory is less than (<) 30 chemical products (quantity of unique chemicals)
Type 2 process: used when the chemical inventory is equal to or greater than (≥) 30 chemical products.
Verified InCheck - Validation Results
The validation results are based on the final score of ZDHC Verified Inch Level 1.
If the verification is successful, a "Verified InCheck Level 1 pass flag" will be added to the supplier ZDHC gateway configuration file, as shown in the following figure.
If the verification fails, the verification agency notifies the supplier to re verify after the new InCheck report in the next three months.
ASCP Services is a third-party verification agency designated by ZDHC, which can provide you with InCheck report verification services to promote zero emissions of harmful substances and achieve sustainable development goals.